Friday, April 22, 2011

Rice Bar: Korean Delivery at its Best

Today for lunch, I decided to order Korean delivery from the Rice Bar, located on 19th street in northwest DC. Since I have very little exposure to Korean food, I decided to order one of the traditional Korean dishes: Bibimbap. I looked at all of the menu options online, and decided (judging by the pictures on their website) to also order the Vampire Roll. 
Classic Bibimbap
The Classic Bibimbap, for only $9.25, consists of bean sprouts, carrots, gobinamul, spinach, doraji, ground beef, and of course, egg. The Bibimbap was very good; different than anything I've had before, but a successful combination of vegetables, beef, and egg. Since I had never tried this dish before, I can't compare it to what you would get at a sit-down Korean restaurant, but I can honestly say that it was VERY good, especially considering it was delivery!

Vampire Roll
I also ordered the Vampire Roll for $13. It is a spicy tuna sushi, drizzled in a gochujanjg mango sauce. 
The roll was very good as well;  however, it did fail to meet my expectations in terms of how spicy I thought it would be.  Nevertheless, the sushi tasted nice and fresh, and after finishing Bibimbap, I was completely full from the meal. I would definitely order from the Rice Bar again! 




1 comment: