Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Asian Spice: The Place To Be For Asian Fusion



On the day of the Cherry Blossom Festival, a group of my friends joined me for lunch at Asian Spice- an Asian Fusion restaurant located conveniently in Chinatown. The inside of the restaurant looked very chic--with a bar along the left side of the restaurant right near the entrance.



We were seated upstairs, which was one of the many different sections of the restaurant. The table settings were nice and neatly decorated, and everything was very clean and well-kept.





When we sat down to order, our waitress was very attentive to our needs, and was extremely helpful. There was definitely a language barrier, but despite that, she smiled the entire time, and was eager to serve us.

Their menu was very extensive--with appetizers ranging from Malaysian Beef Satay to Bombay Samosa.  Carlo ordered the Wonton Soup for an appetizer. It came as a large portion and tasted as good as it looked! He ordered the Pad Thai for an entree-which was probably the best I've had. Nice and sweet-not too salty, with just the right flavoring.
Wonton Soup

Pad Thai
I decided to order Sushi--so I chose the Spicy Crunchy Shrimp Roll.  This was the first time I had ever had cooked sushi.... and to be honest, I think I like it a LOT better! It was absolutely the tastiest sushi I've ever had. Not too spicy, but nice and crunchy, with lots of flavor. It certainly wasn't the most elaborate item on the menu-but if I were to go again, I would order the same thing.

Spicy Crunchy Shrimp Roll

My roommate Trinh ordered the Thai Basil Chicken-which came with slices of chicken breast sauteed with fresh green chilis, garlic and Thai sweet basil leaves. And a side of rice, of course. The sauce was the best part of the dish--she loved it!


Thai Basil Chicken
Trinh's friend ordered Teriyaki Chicken. Plain and simple, but very well made. 

Chicken Teriyaki

Each dish was very presentable, and the portions were just right.

I am definitely going back to Asian Spice. With entrees averaging at about $16-$17, it isn't the cheapest place to eat in Chinatown, but the service, the atmosphere, and the quality of food make it well worth going. I definitely would recommend this restaurant! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment